Objects of Insight
Basic stage: Roop-Naham (body-mind) Objects:
-Roop, Nahm; Roop acting, Nahm acting; Roop disease, Nahm disease
Sāsana (religion), Buddhasāsana (Buddhism)
-Pāpa (sin), Puńńa (merit)
Seeing Thought-Mind Stage: Paramattha (mind-touchable) Objects:
-Vatthu (matter), Paramattha (actual existance), Akarā (changingness)
-Vedanā-Sańńā-Sankhāra-Vińńāna (feeling-perception-mental formation-knowledge)
-Bad bodily action, how it causes suffering, if there is hell, Which level we would fall. How many days, months, years would it be?
-Bad verbal action
-Bad mental action
-Bad bodily, verbal and mental action altogether
-Good bodily action, how is is blissful, if there is heaven or Nirvāna, which level we would it be? How many days, months, years would it be?
-Good verbal action
- Good mental action
- Good bodily, verbal and mental action altogether
-Birth-Extinction State (the End of Suffering)
***The spiritual objects which one will realize when self-awareness is full and complete.
Kālāma Sutta *
This is Buddha's discourse to the Kālāmas on how to deal with doubtful matters.
1. Do not believe just because it is a tradition maintained by oral repetition.
2. Do not believe just because it is an unbroken succession of practice.
3. Do not believe merely because it is hearsay.
4. Do not believe just because it is in the scriptures.
5. Do not believe just because it fits with one's point of view.
6. Do not believe just because it is correct on the ground of metaphysical theories.
7. Do not believe just because it appeals to one's consideration.
8. Do not believe just because it agrees with one's opinions and theories.
9. Do not believe just because the speaker appears believable.
10. Do not believe just because “Our teacher says thus and thus.....”
*** Lord Buddha’s Discourse to the Kālāmas.